Episode 72: Breastfeeding Advice from a Pediatrician with Dr. Rebekah Diamond
Jun 29, 2022
In today’s episode, Jacqueline chats with Pediatrician, Dr. Rebekah Diamond about all things breastfeeding, motherhood, and babies.
This episode is a meeting of two very different types of baby experts. Jacqueline and Dr. Rebekah Diamond are in two different professions that often have different approaches, philosophies, and even different pediatric politics. This is a conversation that bridges the gap between IBCLC and Pediatrician.
In today's show, we discuss:
- Some of the biggest breastfeeding struggles mom’s are experiencing
- Myths and common misconceptions about tongue ties
- Why pediatricians and IBCLC’s should be working together and not against each other
A Glance at This Episode:
- [2:14] How Dr. Rebekah Diamond became a pediatrician and why she got into this work
- [14:23] Some of the biggest barriers for breastfeeding success from a pediatric point of view
- [32:55] What Dr. Rebekah Diamond sees with tongue ties, and her thoughts on them
- [47:09]What’s in Dr. Rebekah Diamond’s upcoming book, what she’s advocating for and what she hopes her book will accomplish
Other ways to enjoy this episode:
Download a transcript | Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Join The Nurture Collective®: A Supportive Community for Breastfeeding Moms