Episode 83: The Nuances of Pumping & Tips for Success
Sep 14, 2022
In this episode, Jacqueline addresses the nuances of pumping and shares some of her best tips for a successful pumping journey. Through Jacqueline’s experience and collaboration with other IBCLCs, she brings you the facts and knowledge of just how challenging pumping can be, and how to have a successful pumping experience.
Jacqueline shares these tips with you to empower you, encourage you, and let you know that you’re doing the best you can.
If you’ve been struggling on your pumping journey this episode will provide some amazing tips and tricks to stay motivated while pumping, along with some suggestions on how to find th best pumping supplies.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How mindset can affect your milk supply & keeping a positive perspective
- Why having the correct flange size is crucial to your pumping journey, and how to properly fit for your sizing
- How to choose a breast pump that is right for you
- Pumping supplies that Jacqueline recommends
- Jacqueline’s best tips for a successful pumping journey
A glance at this episode:
- [3:59] Mindset around pumping and why you should create a pumping plan
- [6:41] Jacqueline describes silicone breast pumps and how they differ from a regular breast pump
- [9:14] Why some might experience better results with a manual breast pump
- [11:04] Different types of electric breast pumps and how to determine what’s best for you
- [12:06] Why it is important that you get the correct flange size and how to find your size
- [20:33] Jacqueline shares tips on how to stay motivated while pumping
- [23:30] Jacqueline’s recommendations on what to buy for optimal pumping success
- [25:54] Why lactation needs to be addressed when pumping
- [27:18] What triple feeding is and when to stop
- [29:05] Special features on pumps that you probably don’t need
- [33:15] How to get the most out of what your insurance provides
- [40:15] Jacqueline shares a quick story of how flange size can affect your milk output