In today’s episode, Jacqueline combines her clinical expertise with her personal experience to bring you her top tools for breastfeeding. She’ll clear up some myths about these common breastfeeding tools, as well as teach you how to use them properly. She also goes through some popular brands and compares them for you.
If you are a new mom, or an expecting mom and you’re wondering what tools you need in your bag, this is definitely an episode for you. Even if you’re an experienced breastfeeding mom, this episode is so helpful to help clear up some myths and how these very common tools are intended to be used.
In today's show, we discuss:
For World Breastfeeding Week 2021, Hareem from LactNation interviewed Jacqueline Kincer. We talked about all things breastfeeding and answered questions like:
1. Breastmilk as a source of nourishment, let’s talk composition. How does varying composition keep up with the baby and does maternal diet have a role to play?
2. We first connected on baby wearing. What are the different ways baby wearing supports a breastfeeding mother and child?
3. What do you think about the comforting aspect of breastfeeding for the baby. Does that have a role to play?
4. What about the mother? Is the comfort a two way street?
5. Why is comforting so looked down at when we talk about raising small babies.
6. Does oral anatomy and a correct latch have a role to play in nourishment and comfort?